This post is also available in: Italiano
Arts in Rome offers the Life Drawing Classes, without teacher nor lesson, but we arrangement our space, Models and Plaster Sculptures for practicing. Are welcome even those which are already Professional Artists and do not want only to draw but also paint. The Academy provides human anatomy books, handouts to take wew notions and above all you will have the chance to confront each others. To enjoy the Workshop you need to be a Member of Arts in Rome Cultural Association. Read below how.
Every Tuesday will be made available Life Models like Men/Women, Thin/Stout, Young/Senior on rotation; I invite you to read below the Program for every Tuesday;
- 1° Tuesday: Long Pose – Life Drawing Class with Model; (1 hour for each pose)
- 2° Tuesday: every week a study of specific Anatomical parts such as Foot, Hand, Leg, etc.. (1 hour for each pose)
- 3° Tuesday: Dressed Model, from Classic suit, Modern dresses to Fantasy style (2 hours one pose)
- 4° Tuesday: Fast Poses (croquis) – Life Drawing Class with Model; (5-10-15 minutes short poses)
Every Thursday Students will find the Plaster Sculptures available.
The Life Drawing Classes on Tuesday & Thursday starts at 19:00 to 21:00. Maximum 10 people to avoid confusion; Is REQUIRED THE RESERVATION and APPRECIATE; It agrees to yourself to not be in too much in a classroom and not be able to study.
The materials are not included, so each student will bring with you supplies like pencils, paper, charcoal, scotch/ clips, etc … The Association for its part will provide the Models, the Plaster Sculptures, the Location with all amenities needed such as easels, chairs, lights, sets and costumes, free WIFI, heating, etc …
Why is it so important to the Life Drawing?
- When you approach for the first time to design the problem it is to know where to begins and the second is to see all that you are not be able to really see except when you look for a long time the subject. The Sculpture, for beginners, is simpler because it is white, it is still and the surface is smooth matte, and the shadows are sharper.
- The Life Model is the next step and to draw it you need to have a minimum the basics of drawing from life; the Long Pose allow you to study certain muscles, shadows, highlights or details instead dynamics poses (called croquis) are used to study the “lines of movement of the human body”. Even knowing a little of Human Anatomy does not hurt.
If you need to start and want a Teacher you can request an Individual Package of 10 hours of Individual Lessons, the minimum needed to learn the basic of Life Drawing. Click here for more info.