Gonzalo Orquín is a Spanish artist and photographer based in Rome, Italy, best known for his controversial 2013 photo series, titled “Sí, quiero”, featuring gay and lesbian couples kissing in Roman Catholic churches in Rome.
In 2013, Orquín shot a photo series of gay and lesbian couples, mostly friends and acquaintances, kissing in Roman Catholic churches in Rome. He planned to include the photos in an exhibition titled “Trialogo,” which was scheduled to open at the Galleria L’Opera in Rome. In 2014, it was announced that the Leslie-Lohman Museum of Gay and Lesbian Art would be hosting the exhibit under the title, “Si, quiero”, (English: “Yes, I want”).
- 2015, Rome: Casa delle Letterature; LIBROGRAFìE
- 2014, Rome: M.A.A.M.; La cappella porcina e-maamcipazione
- 2014, Perugia: Galleria Nazionale dell’Umbria; ARTSIDERS
- 2014, New York City: Leslie-Lohman Museum, Windows Gallery; Sí, quiero
- 2014, Rome: Real Academia de España; El día y la noche
- 2014, Tijuana, Mexico: Imperfectu International Film and Gender Studies Festival; Yes, I do
- 2014, Groningen, Netherlands: Galerie Mooiman; Duals