Arts in Rome, the Figurative Art School in Rome, proposes to its members the Painting Workshop with Pau Marinello who will come to teach his remarkable oil painting techniques at our school. Three days together to learn how the Professional Painters works!
Three days together to create your Painting!
The Teaching Program:
The workshop takes place in three days and aims to develop a creative process with the student using colorful lights and background, dresses and special composition. The workshop therefore provides the Life Model and a place to be used ad-hoc for the creation of the painting.
On the first half day Pau Marinello will explain how to create the composition; later students will perform fast painting exercises from real on small canvases to study colors, shadows and lights focusing on color composition and big masses. The following days are for creating the definitive painting thanks to the Photo that makes the day before. At the end of the day I will do a short talk about diferent concepts.
- One Linen Canvas 73×60 or 81×65 cm (as you prefer)
- For the sketches you will need to bring around 5 pieces of prepared linen of 30 x 21 cm more or less
- We will mainly use long filbert brushes with rounded tips (pinceles de llengua de gato) mainly natural filbert. Some sinthetic brushes may be helpful also for the treatment of the edges. At least the Student should bring 15 brushes with diferent sizes specially from 6 to 14. Recomended brands: Escoda, Da vinci, Rosemary.
- For the palette we will use Titanium white, yellow ocre, cadmium yellow, ultramarine blue, cerulean blue (or cyan) cadmium red (or vermilion) alizarin crimson and raw umber. Recomended Brands: Old holland, williamsburg, gamlin, winsor & newton.
- A toned palette, a palette with a neutral color (do not use a white palette or plastic plate!!)
- Medium: liquin (winsor and newton), tupertine
- A lot of paper/cloth to clean the brushes.
(not included in the price)
Where you can buy Canvas in Rome?
There are some shops but, please, before to come in Rome, call them and make sure they really have supplies. Some names: “Bordi Belle Arti”, “Ditta Poggi”, “Vertecchi”.
- 3 Days of Portrait Painting from Life
Date: 13-14-15 April 2018
Duration: 3 days – 10:00-18:00 (1 hour lunch time)
Instructor: Pau Marinello
Location: Arts in Rome, Roma (Italy)
Price (affordable): if you are not an Arts in Rome Member, send an email to [email protected]; we will answer you soon!
What is included:
- Intensive Art Course in Studio
- Model Fee + Photo
- Art Studio at Rome Center, Roma
We have a Partership with the B&B “Room with a view 105” in front of the Academy
The course is limited and a minimum number of 5 participants up to a maximum of 10.
The points summarized in this program are indicative and may vary from time to time depending on the speed of learning of the students and the time available. The program may be subject to variations.
HOW TO BOOK
- For Members of Arts in Rome ⇒ you have access to the RESERVED AREA
- For Not-Members of Arts in Rome ⇒ subscribe CLICK HERE
- Do you only want to receive information? Fill out the form below