Arts in Rome proposes the Drawing Course divided in Quarters to learn the Base of the Drawing finalized to the professionalization in the field of the Illustration, Animation, Concept Art, Free Sketch, Sketch for Book industry, Sketch for Journalistic Headings, etc… You will have the possibility both to follow the whole Annuality (recommended) both to choose the most consistent Quarter to what is wanted to learn; the First Quarter will be learned the Techniques basic of sketch: from the white and black to the color, the Second Quarter will study the Anatomy and Gesture Drawing: how to draw the dynamism, and the Third Quarter will finally study the Perspective and Enviroments. As to create a believable illustration.
I° Trimestre: 03 Ottobre – 19 Dicembre
II° Trimestre: 09 Gennaio – 27 Marzo
III° Trimestre: 03 Aprile – 19 Giugno
Giorno: every Tuesday 6:30 – 09:30 PM
Docente: Claudia Iannicello
Dove: Arts in Rome, Roma (Italy)
Why enroll to this Course?
The Quarterly Courses of Draw have already been successful in past really because It is open to whoever has desire and interest to learn and gives indeed the Bases of the Sketch to 360°; founds him everything on the practice! many exercises in class and also in house (recommends him to develop them!); it evolves us therefore in the fast Sketch and in the understanding of the third fundamental dimension to make that jump in before that it will give way to create the really line, your own style. If the Courses are followed with devotion and it deepen out also him the experience of the lessons, you will already be seen after little time an evolution. Besides, being of the separated Courses in Quarters “autonomous”, the possibility is had to choose the duration of the Course; you be chosen to participate to a Quarter, two or three becoming therefore a Course to became Professional.
The objective of the annual course is to give a solid base on which to start a personal artistic run, during which year will be asked every quarters the tables of recapitulation of what is learned during the three months of course. Following runs can be Illustration, Animation, Concept Art, Free Sketch, Sketch for Book industry, Sketch for Journalistic Headings.
I° Quarter – Techniques basic of sketch: from the white and black to the color
- Let’s know each other! Evaluation of the level of the class and the personal stylistic search with introduction to the course and vision of possible portfolio. What materials to have.
- To understand the volumetries: lights and shades. Exercises on solid.
- Techniques in black and white: slope (pointillism and outline), half-tone (graphite). The importance of the “values.” Exercises on photographic base.
- Color techniques: colored pencils and water-colors. Theory of the color. Exercises on photographic base.
- Possible (it depends on the level): color techniques: Tempers, Acrlici, Copic and mixed technique.
- Final Artwork: from the white and black to the color.
II° Quarter – Anatomy and Gesture Drawing: how to draw the dynamism
- What the is “gesture drawing” and to thing it serves. Exercises on it set photographic
- Notions of anatomy for artists and for the sketch. The proportions of the human body. Exercises on it set photographic. Notions on the Character Design.
- Sketch from the truth with model / to (* with contribution apart as suitable in phase of registration).
- Artwork on a character of invention of the student, in various layings and foreshortenings (if the student has also followed the preceding course, you/he/she can also use the color)
III° Quarter – Perspective and Enviroments. As to create a believable illustration.
- Techniques of sketch to draw an ambientazione. You mention on the axonometry.
- The power of the composition and the perspective: typology of perspectives used in the visual language. Exercises of learning.
- The natural landscape. As to create a believable enviroment. Exercises.
- Sketch from life (if possible, lessons outside in Rome!)
- Final Artwork of recapitulation of the course with ambientazione to the student’s choice represented by different points of view. If the student has also followed the other two quarters, you/he/she can add one or more characters and to color.
NB: the course foresees exercises and elaboration of the ends in class but it is also necessary of the job in house.
The School makes Easels available, Chalk Statues, Tables Reclinabili, Solid, Lights and all of this that it serves for the carrying out of the Course. The pupil must handle the material from following suitable personal consumption. It is not Necessary immediately to purchase everything; for the first lessons to have the Pencils is necessary and the squirt Sheets.
(If the student already possesses material, you/he/she uses the really. These that follow are only suggestions for the brands).
- Tavolo luminoso (la Scuola al momento ne ha solo uno da dividere per gli studenti, se ne possedete uno proprio è richiesto per velocizzare le lezioni).
- Fotocopie/scansioni di vari libri di testo verranno suggeriti e distribuiti dal docente.
- Grafite (gamma da HB ad almeno 6B), gomma e temperino. Fogli/blocchi di carta da schizzo. Set di penne con punta in feltro di varie dimensioni (minime indispensabili 0.05/0.1/0.2)
- Fogli tipo cartoncino (Fabriano Disegno 4 liscio va benissimo) e set di matite colorate. Consigliate Caran D’Ache serie Prismalo o Faber Castell Polycromos.
- Pennelli tondi e piatti per acquerello sintetici (serie 1670 Nova DA Vinci o se già in dotazione dello studente, quelli che si usano), di varie misure. Palette di acquerelli (o Windsor & Newton)
- Fogli di carta per acquerello da 300 gr. minimo, grana fine o satinata. Fabriano serie Artistico o Arches. Formato minimo A4.
- Colori primari a Tempera: bianco, nero, giallo, blu e rosso (qualsiasi marca tranne Giotto).
Se da acquistare è consigliabile il set di colori primari della Windsor&Newton (6 tubetti) oppure della Talens (5 tubetti)
In opzione: Terra d’ombra bruciata, grigio di payne, giallo di Napoli o carnicino ed un bianco di titanio.
- Colori primari ad Acrilico: consigliati la serie Basic di Liquitex, o Maimeri sempre in tubetto.
- Markers Copic sketch o Ciao, oppure markers Molotow, in set di scala di grigi neutri.
Per le colorazioni è consigliato avere almeno 3 di queste tecniche da sperimentare tra loro:
tempere, matite colorate acquarellabili, matita (grafite) di diverse gradazioni, acrilici, acquarelli.
Numero di partecipanti:
Il Corso si svolgerà con un minimo di 6 iscritti fino ad un massimo di 10.