Arts in Rome is pleased to present the Workshop Russian Academic Portrait Drawing in Rome, Italy on 06-09 July 2017.
We invite Art lovers, students and working artists to join our intensive drawing course on portraiture: Russian Academic Portrait Drawing!
The course is aimed at studying of the complex form of the Human Head and its facials parts: Eyes, Nose, Lips and Ears while working with a live model in the studio and mastering acquired information in one of the major museums of Rome. Every stage of students’ work is accompanied by detailed instructions of a professional teacher.
Date: 06-09 July 2017
Duration: 4 days – 09:00/17:00
Language Tuition: Italian/English
Where: Arts in Rome, close to Colosseo (Italia)
The course consists of 4 working days: 3 days of practical work in the studio + 1 day of analytical work and copying practice at the Museum.
- Step-by-step method of a portrait drawing from the initial to the final stage
- Composing into a given format
- Conveying proportions
- Finding a tonal solution and prioritizing in tone
- Constructive analysis and study of schematics of the facial parts – eyes, nose, lips, ears
- Practical skills on how to develop a detail
- Practical skills on how to finish a portrait – placing accents and unifying drawing by applying the principle of “artistic selection”
- Copying of an old Master’s portrait at the museum
To acquire the bases Awareness skeletal which shape the interior of the body;
Learn the Proportions of the Human Body;
Learning to Build The Human Body through the use of perspective to create the illusion of three dimensions;
Able to view all the complex forms in terms of simple shapes;
ENROLLMENT MEMBERSHIP & Conditions:
- Portrait with models from True in Study
- Lesson in the Museum
- Museum ticket included in the price
- Art Studio in the center of Rome a few steps from the Colosseum
The Materials are not included in the price. They serve different shades of pencils and sheets. The exact list will be updated shortly.
NUMBER OF PARTECIPANTS:
The course is limited and a minimum number of 5 participants up to a maximum of 10.
The points summarized in this program are indicative and may vary from time to time depending on the speed of learning of the students and the time available.
HOW TO BOOK
- For Members of Arts in Rome ⇒ you have access to the RESERVED AREA
- For Not-Members of Arts in Rome ⇒ subscribe CLICK HERE
- Do you only want to receive information? Fill out the form below