Rome Cultural Holiday with Glenn Vilppu – June 19/29 2016
[sg_popup id=”8″]Glenn Vilppu[/sg_popup] is a world renowned Artist and Teacher with an extraordinary ability to represent the human figure in movement, that has characterized it in his 40 years of professional experience (read his profile!).
The expression in the drawings of the men and women of all ages, allows a characterization of natural subjects.
He focuses on the movement of the eye through the picture rather than a static placement of things.
What this Course offer?
[dropshadowbox align=”right” effect=”curled” width=”250px” height=”” background_color=”#dde5ff” border_width=”2″ border_color=”#dddddd” ]
“This course covers the use of materials as well as essential skills needed as a prelude to Figure Drawing which Glenn learned at the beginning of his artistic training. He finds that this basic skill set is often missing in the training of artists today. The focus is as much on training the eye as the hand, with development of visual skills as well as how to study independently. Basic concepts in drawing and their application are demonstrated and incorporated into the weekly assignments, using the same basic materials that will be needed for the Figure Drawing courses. These concepts are applicable to any field of artistic endeavor.” Glenn Vilppu
Arts in Rome offer also Daily Tour Guides in Rome with Historian in Museums, Churches and Galleries for studying the Artistic Heritage.
The Course will be held in Rome, Italy. Why?
For years students go to Rome to Study Art, Sculpture, Painting, Architectures and Fine Art. We are immersed in! The goal of Arts in Rome is to harmonize Art Workshops and the Rome’s Tour giving you a deep knowledge of The Arts.
Its beauty can be seen in every corner, in every view. It is an open-air Museum and is full of Art Galleries which houses major sculptures and paintings dating back to the Ancient Roman Empire, throught to the Middle Ages, the Renaissance up to Contemporary Art.
June also is a perfect period for an pleain air and for join Rome and the nightlife.
The program – June 19/29 2016
The scheme of teaching is divided into steps. First time Glenn start to teach the figure drawing in movement from life models (man/female), composition (draw two models in the meantime or in a real context) and finally he will add base colouring for light and shadow.
- Sunday 19: arrival and check-in apartment
- Monday 20: Morning: Colosseum & Roman Forum – Afternoon: Course at Studio
- Tuesday 21: Morning: “Squares and Fountains” Tour (Quirinale, Trevi Fountain, Spagna Square and Trinità dei Monti Staircase, Pantheon, Navona Squares) – Afternoon: Course at Studio
- Wednesday 22: Morning: The Borghese Gallery – Afternoon: Course at Studio
- Thuesday 23: Morning: Vatican City and Sistine Chapel – Afternoon: Course at Studio
- Friday 24: Morning: National Gallery of Modern Art – Afternoon: Course at Studio
- Saturday 25: Morning: Capitoline Museum and Campidoglio – Afternoon: Course at Studio
- Sunday 26: Day Off
- Monday 27: Morning: Visit Ancient Rome – Afternoon: Course at Studio
- Tuesday 28: Morning: visit Ancient Rome details – Afternoon: Course at Studio
- Wednesday 29: Check-out apartment and departure
The program may be subject to variations
Subscription Fees and What is included:
The Subscription Fees is € 3.100 and the Deadline is 31th March 2016, including:
- Intensive Art Course in the Studio in Rome Center
- Rome City Certified Tourist Guide
- Museums and Galleries fees
- Apartment(*) shared in the Rome City Center
- Subscription to Arts in Rome Association
Facilitated Payment for Membership
The Arts in Rome Association has always attention for its members, this allows for a facilitated method of payment for its Workshop, an aid, anyone who wants to participate in making spending less demanding.
Depending on the Workshop we give you a choice regarding their participation fee payments; we will require a deposit of 500 € per booking, then the next 3 payments with dates to be agreed and the remaining balance on the first day of the workshop.
Down payment it is including entry to the Association Arts in Rome, becoming a Membership. All members will benefit from the promotion.
All necessary equipment for the course (brushes, colours, accessories etc.) and consumer products (paints, drawing and illustration papers and canvases, supports for the exercises, drawing materials, etc.) are available by the Association.
Number of participants:
The course is limited and a minimum number of 8 participants up to a maximum of 20.
The points summarized in this program are indicative and may vary from time to time depending on the speed of learning of the students and the time available.
Regular Registration Deadline 31th March 2016
[dropshadowbox align=”center” effect=”lifted-both” width=”550px” height=”” background_color=”#dde5ff” border_width=”2″ border_color=”#dddddd” ]
Subscription Membership Fee Deadline March 31th, 2016
Subscription Membership Fee until February 28th, 2016