Rome Academy of Art offers for its Members the Oil Painting Annual Course from October to June 2016. It starts from Charcoal Drawing of Plaster Casts to draw from Life Models up to the Painting. It is a full path that provides the basics of painting to arrive at a solid and complete knowledge of color and composition of a picture.[dropshadowbox align=”left” effect=”raised” width=”25%” height=”150px” background_color=”#ececec” border_width=”1″ border_color=”#dddddd” ]Who is Gonzalo Orquin?[/dropshadowbox]
Duration: October-June 2016
Frequency: 1 meeting in Week Wednesday from 18:30 to 21:30
Where: at Arts in Rome in Via Pasquale Villari 1, Rome
Teacher: Gonzalo Orquin
Language: Italian, Spanish and English
Lesson 1: Level Test
October 2016-December 2016
- Start: Theoretical basis and practical examples based on the setting of the drawing.
- The drawing, the basis of all the arts: shadows, lights, etc. chiaroscuro. Beginning and creation of simple, still life and plaster busts live subjects of the meter card.
- Color: First exercises and studies. The primary, secondary, absolute black, white. The painting materials and supports; Table, canvas, cardboard.
January – mid April 2017
- Still life, monochrome and color fields: realization of live actors with oil paint. At first, the monochrome painting can help you understand more easily the shadow-light and technical performance ratio.
Starting from everyday objects such as bottles, books, glasses, etc … you can get to abstract forms to help build the framework. Before very simple and geometric, to continue with the introduction of more complicated elements (draperies, ceramic, glass, busts, etc.).
The lessons will be set as follows: Some charcoal quick exercises to test the composition and the final composition on canvas painting and drawing. Before the teacher will make an example, so the students.
April 17 – June 2017
- Pictorial composition: As a first year of basic level, it will continue with the live painting of subjects arranged in place, more complex gradually. Students will have to learn not only the technical use of materials, to know the yield depending on the effects you want, but also to arrange the items in the canvas to create compositions, more and more complicated.
- The exercise of the copy: the best way to learn to paint, according to Rubens, is copying the great masters. They will choose the works of great painters, or rather, a particular of them, with the teacher’s advice and will proceed to copy them to discover the secrets and the technique that was used.
- the human figure: In order to begin painting with live models is essential to have learned the basics of drawing and color, since it is by definition the subject, but also the most difficult.
In the second half of the course we will proceed to study with a live model of the first concepts of painting the human figure. They will also serve as the basis for presenting the following year the course will be focused on the figure, portrait, composition, movement etc.
The annual course will be completed by some exercises to do at home and some lecture on the history of painting with screenings and visits to museums.
MATERIALS (not included in the price):
- charcoal (useful course start)
- lacquer or fixative (useful beginning of the course)
- turpentine or liquid medium
- synthetic brushes flat shape by 0-28
- tele / stretched canvas panels, the meter board
- by meter drawing paper
- pieces of cloth
- paper plates
- Oil colors (titanium white, ivory black, ultramarine blue, red lacquer granza, English red, ocher, cadmium yellow, natural shade, green cinabrio)
BOOK YOUR SPOT FOR THE ANNUAL COURSE!
[dropshadowbox align=”center” effect=”lifted-both” width=”75%” height=”” background_color=”#ff9e44″ border_width=”1″ border_color=”#dddddd” ]